National Credit Assistant & Relieving Hotel Accountant
Date posted: 09 Oct 2017 | Applications close: 02 Nov 2017
Millennium Hotels and Resorts is one of New Zealand's largest hotel operators and part of a rapidly expanding international network of hotels. This company has the ability to offer a dynamic career path for those who prove themselves through commitment, talent and results.
About the Company
Millennium, Copthorne and Kingsgate Hotels is one of New Zealand's largest hotel operators and part of an expanding international network of hotels. We pride ourselves on offering an outstanding service experience at each of our 20 hotels for business and leisure guests alike.
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity is now available to join our Finance team, based in Queen Street. As a National Credit Assistant & Relieving Hotel Accountant, you will assist the Credit Control Supervisor with collections, as well as providing backup support to our team of Hotel Accountants. A great communicator, you will also have an eye for detail, a questioning mind and pride yourself on delivering outstanding customer service.
- Process payments and arrange for the collection of payment from clients
- Ongoing maintenance of databases with client details
- Reconciliations of accounts
- Reconciliation of hotel daily banking – eftpos, credit cards
- Input of creditors invoices and monthly supplier statements
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- End of month reporting
- Special staff discounts on hotel rates and food & beverage both nationwide and internationally
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Career development opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Some accounting experience preferred
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Accurate and speedy data entry skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers
If this opportunity fits your experience and you want to join our friendly team, please email or send your CV and a covering letter to:
Corporate HR Manager
Only people with a legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this vacancy. Please only apply if you have the appropriate documentary evidence.
« Go Back
| New Search
| Print this Job Ad