Duty Manager (Ref: GMA)
Exciting opportunity to join the Front Office Team
One of New Zealand's largest hotel operators
You're a Front Desk Manager. Or a Guest Services Expert. Whatever your title, customer service your passion. Your standards are high and your attention to detail is spot on - it's these things that have carried you through your career so far. You're also a hard worker, but we don't need to say that - it comes with the territory!
About the Company
Millennium, Copthorne and Kingsgate Hotels is one of New Zealand's largest hotel operators and part of an expanding international network of hotels. We pride ourselves on offering an outstanding service experience at each of our 19 hotels for business and leisure guests alike.
About the Job
Grand Millennium Auckland are looking for a professional Duty Manager to join the Front Office Team. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will assume responsibility to ensure the effective operations of the Front Office department on a day to day basis. This is a hands-on role, covering all areas of Front Office Operations as well as overseeing the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times, ensuring guests' comfort and safety
- Maintain effective communication, at all times, among the team
- Provide reports, as required, for hotel management
- Always adhere to company policies and procedures
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Report any security issues to the hotel manager immediately
- Take responsibility for extra management tasks, as required, in the absence of the Front Office Manager
- Career development nationally accredited training opportunities
- Discounted Hotel rates nationally and internationally
- Meals on duty
- Discounted health insurance
Key Skills and Experience
- Previous Hotel experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Problem solving skills
- Current LCQ and first aid certificate are required for this position.
- Ability to manage and exceed customer service standards
- Self motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Flexibility to work all shifts including nights and weekends
- A high level of personal presentation
Grand Millennium Hotel Auckland is currently operating as a managed isolation facility. All employees are required to receive the Covid-19 vaccination, and undergo twice weekly Covid-19 swab testing.